SoundDomain
Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#57503 - 08/23/03 05:37 PM Why does my amp go into protection mode???!!
SweetTalker4k

Loc: LA, CA

I have the axt 1200.2 I just bought it off this guy I know and when I try to hook it up, it keeps going into protection mode. Why is that? I un hook my subs and it's still in protection. I tried taking out the fuse and plugging it back in, still protected. I even take out the RCA plug and it's still protected. I know it's not broken because right before I bought it, it was hooked up in his car and it was pushing the subs fine that was in his car. Now it's giving me **** what is going on? GRR this amp has been giving me nothing but headaches..please advise ASAP this is my only day off!
#57504 - 08/23/03 05:56 PM Re: Why does my amp go into protection mode???!!
whitecat

Loc: ky

Check and make sure you have a good ground. Scrape all paint off of the area where it is bolted down, Also a bad remote wire can couse some funky stuff.
Kicker RS6c 6 1/2 Component Set
Kicker KX 1200.1
2 Kicker L7 Dual 2ohm Solobarics

#57505 - 08/23/03 06:36 PM Re: Why does my amp go into protection mode???!!
prodesignaudio

Loc: Siloam Springs, AR

Take it to a local audio shop and let them check things out. They shouldnt charge much at all just to test an amp.
JBL P80.4 (2)
JBL W10GTi (3)
JBL C508GTi in kicks
JBL C608GTi in front doors
etc etc etc etc

#57506 - 08/24/03 12:19 AM Re: Why does my amp go into protection mode???!!
cbr900bikes

Loc: Brooklyn,NY

Make sure a strand of wire didn't get caught in between the terminals. That could of happened while he was disconnecting the amp or while you were hooking in up.

#57507 - 08/24/03 11:47 PM Re: Why does my amp go into protection mode???!!
SweetTalker4k

No wires were touching each other.. Okay i hooked up the RCA to the input and it worked for a day and i tried swapping out my subs to another sub and it stopped working. I made sure all of the subs I hook up wired to 4ohm load and I connected it bridged and it's gone into protection mode again. This amp has been giving me nothing but frustration and headaches. What the hell could be wrong? 1 IDMAX dual 4ohm wired into 4ohm doesn't work. 2 IDQ D4s wired into 4ohms doesn't work. What am i supposed to do now? Is the rca supposed to be in OUTPUT? I tried that and it doesn't work. I have to unplug the battery fuse, and then connect it and it works until i turn my car off and when I turn it back on, it goes into protection again. Same thing happens when I plug the rca into the INPUT. Yesterday it was working fine all day when I had it in INPUT but now it's not working at all. \:\(
#57508 - 08/25/03 02:01 AM Re: Why does my amp go into protection mode???!!
bg_swishahouse

Loc: tx

Quote:
Originally posted by SweetTalker4k:
I made sure all of the subs I hook up wired to 4ohm load and I connected it bridged and it's gone into protection mode again. 1 IDMAX dual 4ohm wired into 4ohm doesn't work.
you say you made sure all of ther subs were wired to a 4 ohm load, and then you say your wired your dual 4 ohm Max at 4 ohm. not possible. you can only wire a dvc 4 ohm sub, at 2 ohm or 8 ohm. so when you wired it at 2ohm, you couldve damaged the amp.

Quote:
Is the rca supposed to be in OUTPUT? I tried that and it doesn't work. I have to unplug the battery fuse, and then connect it and it works until i turn my car off and when I turn it back on, it goes into protection again. Same thing happens when I plug the rca into the INPUT. Yesterday it was working fine all day when I had it in INPUT but now it's not working at all. \:\(
why in the hell would you put your rca's from the head unit into the OUTPUT?

#57509 - 08/25/03 08:22 AM Re: Why does my amp go into protection mode???!!
Neu

Loc: england

same kinda think happend to me it came down to the fact that my batt was low and not giving the amp enough power
HC15
Lanzar vibe 1200D
audio control epic 160
PG 215i EQ

#57510 - 08/25/03 06:04 PM Re: Why does my amp go into protection mode???!!
SweetTalker4k

Quote:
Originally posted by bg_swishahouse:
 Quote:
Originally posted by SweetTalker4k:
I made sure all of the subs I hook up wired to 4ohm load and I connected it bridged and it's gone into protection mode again. 1 IDMAX dual 4ohm wired into 4ohm doesn't work.
you say you made sure all of ther subs were wired to a 4 ohm load, and then you say your wired your dual 4 ohm Max at 4 ohm. not possible. you can only wire a dvc 4 ohm sub, at 2 ohm or 8 ohm. so when you wired it at 2ohm, you couldve damaged the amp.

Quote:
Is the rca supposed to be in OUTPUT? I tried that and it doesn't work. I have to unplug the battery fuse, and then connect it and it works until i turn my car off and when I turn it back on, it goes into protection again. Same thing happens when I plug the rca into the INPUT. Yesterday it was working fine all day when I had it in INPUT but now it's not working at all. \:\(
why in the hell would you put your rca's from the head unit into the OUTPUT?
It's weird but I read the manual and it actually tells me to put it into OUTPUT. And it's not the RCAs from the headunit I have a stock headunit and I have a hi-lo converter. Does that make a difference?

It's weird...I assumed that maybe one of my channel is broken because yesterday night I hooked up the subs on the right channel and it was working like a champ. And today it was working on the way to school and then i turned up the bass too loud or something on a song by Lil John-Get Low and the bass stopped so i checked everything and the fuse by the battery is blown. So since the fuse was 60A, i replaced it with a 80A and it works fine until I shut off the car and start it back up, it goes into protection. WHAT THE HELL! Is this amp junk or wuat? I know it can't be junk because it gives off solid power but the amp stays OFF more than it stays ON! WACK! I'm starting to dislike eD amp someone help me!!

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TtownCLS, keep_hope_alive, Linus., Johnny Lapdance 
Hop to:
Shop on eBay
Newest Members
Jtsarby, Georgepl, audiophile_sound, K10KID, BlakeS
86233 Registered Users
Top Posters
*316Flattop*
Johnny Lapdance
Subwoofer Tool
G H O S T
ItWuzCryptic
IamMurph
Momma Bear
imtfox
SQLAltima
Network Guy
Forum Stats
85900 Members
24 Forums
177941 Topics
1102260 Posts

Max Online: 754 @ 03/10/08 07:00 PM

Generated in 0.026 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Copyright 1998-2008 CarDomain Network, Inc. All rights reserved.